Director of Sales
Location: Kailua, O'ahu, Hawaii
SummaryThe Director of Sales is responsible for the development and performance of the sales team and ensuring the residential and commercial team members achieve their sales goals. Directs the sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand both the residential customer base and commercial customer base by contributing to the development of marketing and customer acquisition strategies as well as sales rep training and educational program. Assists and coaches the sales team to close deals and manage customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales team development, recruiting top sales performers, motivating all team members and training the sales team to fully execute on their sales goals
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Develops sales strategies for new markets and new products to achieve segment diversity and total sales goals
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales force
- Prepares action plans for effective search of sales leads
- Provides weekly sales reports and feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Provides accurate pricing on all completed contracts submitted for approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margins
- Maintains accurate records of all sales, and tracks against goals
- Assists sales professionals in preparation of proposals and presentations
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Achieve forecasted sales
- Monitor each sales professional’s performance and compare it with that month's objective
- Coach, train and manage the sales team on the utilization of all necessary tools
- Lead and grow the residential sales force based on consistent processes and performance metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of Sales Management Experience
- 3-5 years of a proven sales track record in high dollar item sales (preferably in-home sales)
- Experienced in building strong sales teams by recruiting new team members and training them to execute on sales plans and strategies
- Good working knowledge of solar technologies and related industrial applications is a plus
- Proven track record of key account development and management
- Sound sales/project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence others in a positive manner
- CRM management experience
At RGS Energy, our employees are our most valuable asset and our work environment is collaborative and dynamic. Our people take pride in their work and their ability to make a personal difference in the world. RGS Energy has been a pioneer in sustainable living for over 30 years. Our mission is to reduce the human ecological footprint on earth, and we do this by providing high-quality renewable energy solutions. Using proven technologies and professional installation practices, we empower our customers to live comfortably with a lower environmental footprint. We lead by providing inspirational education, promoting community and demonstrating stewardship through our actions.
Sunetric is a Subsidiary of RGS Energy.
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.