Field Service Technician
Location: Kailua, O'ahu, Hawaii
The Field Service Technician will report to the Field Service Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Sunetric’s installed Residential and Commercial PV systems. The Field Service Technician will be asked to assist in the commissioning of the solar array and monitoring systems during project installation.
The ideal candidate has significant experience and understanding in the design and installation of commercial and residential PV systems, solar hot water systems, and solar pool systems. Knowledge of solar monitoring systems is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage responding to corrective maintenance cases on both commercial and residential PV systems.
- Includes troubleshooting, testing, repairing activities and updating online case logs accurately.
- Attending and demonstrating outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools.
- Working safely and in accordance with Sunetric and industry standard safety requirements.
- Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts.
- Working closely with members of the Operations Engineering team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested.
- Prioritizing conflicting work requests and escalations.
- Working with customers who are unhappy with the performance/functionality of their systems.
- Ensuring the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of.
- Supporting the ongoing development and improvement of the Sunetric Field Service team.
Extensive hands-on experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PV systems
to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations
- Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines
- Willing to do residential, commercial & service work
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- All candidates must submit and be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, lift 100 pounds, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, etc.
- Experience with plumbing and HVAC highly desirable
- Must be comfortable working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Extensive hands-on experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PV systems
- Comfortable in a fast paced field environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facing environment
- NABCEP Certification strongly preferred
- Journeyman Electrician’s card or equivalent required to perform electrical work in the state where work will be performed by the candidate
- Greater trades experience in roofing or electrical a plus
- Have a minimum of one years of PV installation experience
- Proficiency in installing all types of grid-tied inverters & able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
Sunetric is a Subsidiary of RGS Energy.
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.