Location: Kailua, O'ahu, Hawaii
As a Solar Photovoltaic Installer for Sunetric, you will install rooftop photovoltaic modules on our customers' residences and businesses across the state. You will utilize your previous construction experience to mount and wire PV arrays, run conduit, trench underground conduits and perform minor construction for racking systems. Past experience working on rooftops will ensure that you adhere to appropriate safety standards for heights, lifting, ladders and heavy machinery. Strong leadership, interpersonal, and customer relations skills will be critical when working in our team environments and while representing Sunetric to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- On-site design installation, working from design plans
- Layout and assemble solar modules, array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Clean up of job site
- Demonstrate excellent customer service to homeowners and other customers
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Residential and Commercial roofing systems strongly preferred
- Previous experience in PV Installations a plus
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Basic Blueprint/schematic reading
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring preferred
- Experience working with the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA Construction Safety Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, tight enclosed spaces and heights over 12 feet
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Sunetric is a Subsidiary of RGS Energy.
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.