Location: Kailua, O'ahu, Hawaii
The Electrician oversees the installation of residential and/or commercial PV systems to ensure that they conform to existing national and local building codes. The Electrician successfully plans, schedules, and executes the installation of projects in their daily/weekly pipeline and maintains the proper company documents for each project including photographs, "as built" information, and related documents. This position reports to the Construction Manager.
- Knowledge of equipment, electrical, roof, and ground work
- Analyze and diagnose problems
- Read and understand electrical and structural diagrams
- Supervise crew to maximize efficiency
- Know OSHA standards, company safety programs and policies relative to the installation of those systems, and enforce safety standards with all personnel under your supervision
- Responsible for interpreting PV line drawings, product literature, and referencing NEC codes and regulations. Electrician is responsible for a code-compliant and operational system.
- Represent RGS Energy as a field contact for the customer, interact with the customer with integrity, and display a professional appearance and attitude
- Participate in both formal and in-the-field training processes to advance crew members within the company
- Ensure all necessary materials and tools arrive to the job site
- Assist with overall crew and job site safety; staging materials, general ground support, and general site preparation and cleanup
- Participate in regular safety training
- Assist with completion of installation reports and paperwork
- Maintain tool management standards
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, Other Qualifications:
- High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED)
- Journeyman Electrician's License: License # C-13 Electrical Contracting License
- NABCEP certified or will become by end of first year of employment
- Valid driving license insurable by good driving record
- Good mathematical aptitude and accuracy
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbally, in English
- Can work/complete/integrate multiple tasks
- Good decision-making ability
- Ideally certified in Massachusetts and Connecticut
- Attention to detail
- Prompt response to customer needs
- Positive team spirit
- Accurate and thorough
- Works with integrity and ethics
- Can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Works long hours when necessary to reach goals
- Resourceful at meeting challenges
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Uses time efficiently
- Employee must lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hands and arms to reach.
- Employee must frequently stand, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must use hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Exposure to work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock
Sunetric is a Subsidiary of RGS Energy.
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.