Home Solar Financing
SunPower Solar Lease
- You pay a monthly amount to "rent" the system and use the energy you produce.
- For most customers, a SunPower lease and remaining utility bill are lower than their previous electric bill.
- System performance is guaranteed for 20 years.
- When you sell your home, you can assign your lease to the new homeowner. SunPower facilitates the process.
Call Sunetric today at (808) 262-6600 and ask about the SunPower Solar Lease.
SunPower Solar Loan
- Low Rates: 5.24%- 10.99% APR.
- Terms: 5, 10, 15, & 20 year fully amortized loans.
- No balloon payment & unsecured — your home equity not necessary to obtain the loan.
- Loans ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 (5yr minimum is $5,000)
- Reasonable Credit Criteria: FICOs starting at 670
- No pre-payment penalties
Homeowner retains ownership of the system, takes advantage of:
- 30% Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
- State and local solar rebates
- Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
Call Sunetric today at (808) 262-6600 and ask about the SunPower Solar Loan.
American Savings Bank Clean Energy Loan
Whether you’re trying to save money or reduce your carbon footprint, the purchase and installation* of a Photovoltaic (PV) or Solar Water Heating system is an enhancement to your home and an investment in Hawaii’s environment and your financial health. For the peace of mind knowing how you’ll finance your purchase go with a Clean Energy Loan from American Savings Bank — and let the sunshine in!
A Clean Energy Loan from American Savings Bank is an unsecured loan with no interest due during the initial term and no application fee or closing cost. Application is easy and getting a response is fast. Know how you’ll finance your PV or Solar Water Heating System when hiring your contractor.
- For single-family homes and condos in Hawaii — (owner, owner-occupied, and investment properties)
- Choice of initial loan terms: 6, 12, 18 months
- No payments during the initial 6 months
- No interest throughout the initial term (0.00% interest rate)
- No pre-payment penalty
- Simple application process — by phone, in-person or online
- Quick approval on qualified loans up to $10,000
- Immediate conditional approval on qualified loans for $10,001 to $50,000
Finance the costs for purchase and installation* of photovoltaic electricity or solar hot water systems including:
- Materials and Labor
- Extended manufacturer’s warranty
- Manufacturer’s sales tax
* Loan amount cannot exceed contract amount for the PV or Solar system. Installer must be a participating contractor. Current interest rate in effect as of 09/14/2011. This program is subject to change or discontinuation at any time by American Savings Bank without notice.
UH Federal Credit Union
The University of Hawai‘i Financial Credit Union offers a special for green-minded homeowners. The UHFCU Green Loan features a low 3.99% APR and covers eco-friendly products including solar water heaters and photovoltaic systems.
Learn more and apply online for the UHFCU Green Loan, call (808) 983-5500, or email UHFCU member services.
- APR: Annual Percentage Rate
- Must be a homeowner.
- Loan term amortized over 10 years.
- Loan value may NOT exceed 100%.
- Rates and guidelines subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply.
- Introductory 3.99% interest rate is fixed for the first 24 months. Rate will then change annually on July 1 of every year thereafter and will be based on the Prime Rate.
- 1 month worth of recent paystubs (consecutive and within 60 days of app)
- Homeowners Insurance statement
- 1st mortgage statement (if applicable)
- Estimate of qualifying product being purchased. (required prior to final approval)
GreenSun Hawaii is an innovative financing program that provides property owners statewide with the most aggressive loan terms and interest rates possible for energy efficient and renewable energy equipment installations. From photovoltaic systems to solar water heaters and energy star refrigerators, GreenSun Hawaii gives you the power to significantly reduce your energy bill.
- Hawaii National Bank
- Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union
- Maui County Federal Credit Union
- Queen’s Federal Credit Union
- Wailuku Federal Credit Union
Start saving today — go to any participating financial institution and ask for a GreenSun Hawaii loan or apply online at www.greensunhawaii.com.
EGIA has leveraged the buying power of its non-profit association to negotiate special financing program options for homeowners in need of energy efficiency and solar related home improvements. Virtually all home improvement projects are covered under the EGIA Financing Program.
- Reduced interest rate financing options available.
- Deferred payment and deferred interest programs.
- 100% unsecured project financing.
- Loans ranging from $1,000 to $25,000
- Extended terms keep your payments low.
- No equity required. No loan fees. No closing costs.
- Simple interest, and no pre-payment penalties.
Reel Green’s exclusive program enables every energy-conscious homeowner the ability to become sustainable while saving money and allowing the equipment to pay for itself over an extended period of time.
- Online, secured application
- No limit on system size or equipment
- 5 year to 30 year terms
- Rates between 3.50% and 6.15%
- Adjustable and fixed rate financing
- No prepayment penalties
- State and federal tax credits apply
- Approvals, processing and funding within 30 days!
Even More Options
We also recommend talking with your personal bank or visiting with a lending expert at one of the following Hawaii Banks to discuss other home energy financing programs that may be available to you.